* Increased range of movement and resting length of muscle tissue. Overall tone and coordination.
* Abatement of tension and pain.
* Increased lightness in the body-mind, a feeling of wellbeing and an open attitude to life.
* Improved ease of the breathing mechanism.
* Expanded awareness of the environment and how one moves in it, responding with increased choice to the many stimuli we are faced with constantly.
* Increased familiarity with triggers in oneself that bring an unwanted reaction to something or someone.
* Improved ability to withhold a reaction, to give oneself the time to control one's habitual reaction, to make a choice to respond by the continued practice of the principles.
* Lengthened spine and widened back, healing spinal patterns that affect the whole body pattern.
* Develop skills to take away and use everyday in any activity.
* Develop skills of self-care and awareness that put YOU back in the drivers seat.
"As I continue my AT work I am convinced that Cate is a master. When I first arrived at her studio, I left my expectations outside the door. I was done with the pain and feeling stuck in my life and I wanted relief. I wasn't really sure how AT worked, but I found each time I left a session I was feeling better. The pain was going away. The cloud of sadness and pain that I had been feeling was lifting. There are times when I leave a session with Cate that I feel ten feet tall, powerful and happy". -Actress Ellen Toomey, NYC
In the process of the lessons, you see how your physical habits and pains are tied to your thinking and visa-versa. We re-map the body to the mind, so your kinesthesia is renewed to this present moment, now, letting go of old pains and outdated thoughts and perceptions. The result is an ever increasing easeful and erect posture and open mind.
A whole new world opens up to you!
I am now teaching an Alexander class for actors at the Maggie Flanigan Studio during their Summer Intensive! It's a six week course which focuses on how the actor can become more aware of their habits, and release them to more truly realize their characters.
'Priming the Actors Use - An Introduction to the Alexander Technique.'
June 12- July 26, Wednesday & Friday, 2-4pm.
Contact Maggie Flanigan Studio to apply for fall semester.
All spots taken in Summer Intensive!!