* Increased range of movement and resting length of muscle tissue. Overall tone and coordination.
* Improved balance
* Abatement of tension and pain.
* Increased lightness in the body-mind, a feeling of wellbeing and an open attitude to life.
* Improved ease of the breathing mechanism.
* Expanded awareness of the environment and how one moves in it, responding with increased choice to the many stimuli we are faced with constantly.
* Increased familiarity with triggers in oneself that bring an unwanted reaction to something or someone.
* Improved ability to withhold a reaction, to give oneself the time to control one's habitual reaction, to make a choice to respond by the continued practice of the principles.
* Lengthened spine and widened back, healing spinal patterns that affect the whole body pattern.
* Develop skills to take away and use everyday in any activity.
* Develop skills of self-care and awareness that put YOU back in the drivers seat.
My Bone-Art class is back! In 2017, I debuted my unique embodiment and mindfulness practice of drawing the bones with the awareness of the Alexander Technique principles -- It was a success!
It's nine weeks, on Wednesdays, sprinkled through the fall, two time offerings: 3pm and 6pm.
Click on the picture above,
to find out more and register!
In the process of the lessons, you see how your physical habits and pains are tied to your thinking and visa-versa. We re-map the body to the mind, so your kinesthesia is renewed to this present moment, now, letting go of old pains and outdated thoughts and perceptions. The result is an ever increasing easeful and erect posture and open mind.
A whole new world opens up to you!